AVEVA PI System™ Implementation in Microsoft Azure™
- Need to have a AVEVA PI System infrastructure in Microsoft Azure, which supports Operational information from the various plants located in different places.
- Integrate remote location plants with limited internet connection into the AVEVA PI System.
- Need to enable the AVEVA PI System for individual management of each plant, such as Security, PI AF, PI Vision.
- Need to store operational information.
- Need to Centralize all operational information.
- Need to monitoring and analysis of main remote operational variables.
- Need for calculations (Production, Maintenance, Environment, etc.)
- Increase the stability of the operational process.
- Implementation of a AVEVA PI System architecture in Microsoft Azure, which supports the needs and challenges required.
- Implementation of different AVEVA PI System interfaces and connectors in each unit to collect data from the control systems.
- Organize and transform data into information through Operational model and advanced calculations, specific to each plant.
- Configuration of the PI Data Archive, PI AF for security management through Identities and groups in Active Directory that allows individual management for each plant.
- Better analysis of the process and decision making.
- Productivity increase: People are working with information and not in data generation.
- Faster response time: Information available online.
- Analytical capacity through the web and mobile devices.
- Production indicators and better supervision control.
- Hierarchical organization of each plant according to its operational process.
- Automatic reports of emissions to the environment.
- Totalized indicators and advanced calculations to improve asset performance.
- Use of Microsoft Azure in order to ensure the availability of its infrastructure and future growth.
- Integration of information from the three plants (Kallpa, Cerro del Aguila and Puerto Bravo) through the installation and specific configuration of the PI interfaces.
- Access control to reports and Dashboard for each plant.
- Visualized information from a centralized PI.
- Training for staff in order that they may be self-sufficient in the handling of their information.